I am a Ph.D. candidate of computer science at Purdue University working under the supervision of Dr. Z. Berkay Celik. My research interests broadly lie in the area of mobile computing and mobile security. I specifically focus on designing and building innovative and secure mobile sensing systems through applying security, machine learning and computer vision algorithms.
I am on the job market for positions in Fall 2023!
- [Nov 2022] Our work on secure group pairing of heterogeneous IoT devices is accepted to IEEE S&P 2023!
- [Oct 2022] Our paper about evasion attacks on physical event verification systems to appear in NDSS 2023!
- [Mar 2022] Our work on secure Android remote authorization to appear in USENIX Security 2022!
- [June 2021] Received Bilsland Dissertation Fellowship Award 2021-2022!
- [Mar 2021] Our paper about side-channel attacks on stylus pencils is accepted to IMWUT-UbiComp 2021!
- [Sep 2020] Our work on secure face liveness detection on commodity smartphones to appear in MobiCom 2020!
- One Key to Rule Them All: Secure Group Pairing for Heterogeneous IoT Devices
Habiba Farrukh*, Muslum Ozgur Ozmen*, Faik Kerem Ors, Z. Berkay Celik
IEEE Security and Privacy (S&P '23)
- iStelan: Disclosing Sensitive User Information by Mobile Magnetometer from Finger Touches
Reham Mohamed, Habiba Farrukh, He Wang, Yidong Lu, Z. Berkay Celik
Privacy Enhancing Technologies (PoPETS '23)
- Evasion Attacks on Smart Home Physical Event Verification and Defenses
Muslum Ozgur Ozmen, Ruoyu Song, Habiba Farrukh, Z. Berkay Celik
Network and Distributed System Security Symposium (NDSS '23)
- SARA: Secure Android Remote Authorization
Abdullah Imran, Habiba Farrukh, Muhammad Ibrahim, Z. Berkay Celik, Antonio Bianchi
Proceedings of the USENIX Security Symposium (Usenix SEC '22) [Paper]
- New Metrics to Evaluate the Performance and Fairness of Personalized Federated Learning
Siddharth Divi, Yi-Shan Lin, Habiba Farrukh, Z Berkay Celik
International Workshop on Federated Learning for User Privacy and Data Confidentiality (FL-ICML '21) [Paper]
- S3: Side-Channel Attack on Stylus Pencils through Sensors
Habiba Farrukh, Tinghan Yang, Hanwen Xu, Yuxuan Yin, He Wang, Z. Berkay Celik
Proceedings of the ACM on Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (ACM IMWUT/UbiComp '21) [Paper]
- FaceRevelio: A Face Liveness Detection System for Smartphones with a Single Front Camera
Habiba Farrukh, Reham Mohamed Aburas, Siyuan Cao, He Wang
26th Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (ACM MobiCom '20) [Paper], [Video], [Slides]
- Towards Context Address for Camera-to-Human Communication
Siyuan Cao, Habiba Farrukh, He Wang
IEEE International Conference on Computer Communications (InfoCom '20) [Paper]
- Demo: Enabling Public Cameras to Talk to the Public
Siyuan Cao, Habiba Farrukh, He Wang
18th ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications, and Services (ACM MobiSys '18), [Abstract], [Video]
- Organizing Committee
- IEEE/ACM Internet of Safe Things (SafeThings), 2023, Publicity Chair
- Program Committee Member
- USENIX Security Symposium, 2023
- ACM Conference on Security and Privacy in Wireless and Mobile Networks (WiSec), 2023
- ACM S3 Workshop (co-located with MobiCom), 2021
- Transactions on Sensor Networks (TOSN), 2022
- External Reviewer
- Network and Distributed System Security (NDSS), 2023
- USENIX Security, 2022
- Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC), 2021
- Network and Distributed System Security (NDSS), 2021
- Method of processing data, US 16807068
- System architecture and method of authenticating a 3D object, US 16819166
- Teaching Assistant, CS422 Computer Networks (Spring 2018 & Fall 2019 & Fall 2020)
- Teaching Assistant, CS251 Data Structures and Algorithms (Spring 2017 & Fall 2017)